Business Systems Analyst
United States, Virtual
We're Ushering a New Era of OutSystems development.
We are Cloud Development Resources (CDR), a certified OutSystems Sales and Delivery Partner. The Low Code revolution is here with the market predicted to be $65bn (with 65% of all companies using Low Code) by 2024. OutSystems is the leader in both the Garner and Forrester ratings. Cloud Development Resources (CDR) is their No. 1 sales and delivery partner in North America. With over 180 professionals globally, we are looking for an experienced Business Systems Analyst to deliver world-class business solutions and service to our clients.
How you'll make an impact at CDR:
As a CDR Business Systems Analyst, you will be part of the fastest-growing OutSystems Partner in North America. CDR has built the most-experienced OutSystems team in North America helping our clients to capture the value of OutSystems as the foundation of their digital transformation strategy.
A day in the life of a Business Systems Analyst at CDR:
CDR is looking for a highly analytical Business Analyst to help design, develop, and deliver the most modern and efficient tools and business solutions on the OutSystems low-code platform. As a team, our areas of focus include the development and support of internal systems, as well as third-party applications; product management; business systems analysis; software quality assurance and automation; development operations; database analysis and development; release management; cloud platform solution architecture; web development; and UI/UX design. The Business Systems Analyst ensures that the solution is tailored to the specifications of the client.
Here’s a little more detail:
- You will be reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating user needs to create solutions that support overall business strategies including documenting system requirements, defining the scope and objectives.
- Analyzing system functionality to identify risks and gaps, providing alternative solutions and recommendations to both the client and the Project Managers.
- Determining size, complexity, and dependencies of a solution by reviewing business rules, use cases, user stories, and so forth.
- Analyzing system data inputs/outputs using Microsoft SQL to advise on system anomalies and assist with requirements definition.
- Converting requirements into various types of models or diagrams such as process mapping, decision tables, value streams, and data flows.
- Acting as the primary liaison between application development and business departments to translate business and functional requirements into technical requirements, and then into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Meeting with subject matter experts to identify and document all system requirements.
- Creating system specifications that drive solution development and implementation.
- Conducting walk-throughs of all completed specifications with the team to ensure that the documentation is complete and development estimates are accurate.
- Collaborating on root cause analysis, application of business rules, workflow issues, and internal/external interfaces for system impact analysis.
- Collaborating with developers and QA testers on solution functions; verifying and validating code updates and data fix changes.
- Reviewing test results for quality assurance to confirm acceptance criteria is met for user acceptance.
- Working with vendors to implement new systems and/or modify and maintain toolsets.
Your experience includes:
- 5+ years of performing business and systems analysis and requirement definitions for IT solutions and systems documentation.
- Agile development including planning, analysis, design, development, and testing.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems and participating in defining resolution strategies.
- You are a great writer, following best practices (INVEST).
- OutSystems or other low-code technologies (highly valued).
- UI/UX design (You don’t have to make it pretty, just wireframe an idea).
- Dual business competence and technical expertise (~75/25%).
- Adaptable, flexible personality; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and meet deadlines utilizing your strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Work remotely with occasional travel to visit clients.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation benefiting from the continuous growth of CDR thanks to your addition to the team.
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners.
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity.
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 180+ colleagues, united by our open and direct core values.
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels.
- Live where you want as this is a customer-facing role that will require frequent travel to client locations as needed.
Who is Cloud Development Resources?
Cloud Development Resources is a software development and IT solutions provider that delivers OutSystems Applications Development, Software Project Development (Enterprise-grade Systems, Multi-platform Mobile Applications, Full-scale Web Systems), Resource Augmentation, and Maintenance and Support.
With a history that draws on over 20 years of world-class customer service and offshore development experience, Cloud Development Resources exemplifies incomparable customer service and uses the expertise, gained through the years to provide unmatched client solutions.